Internal regulations and legal framework
- Annual Plan for Sustainable Public Procurement. Barcelona, 2018.
- Government measure for responsible public procurement with social and environmental criteria in the Barcelona City Council. Barcelona, March 2013
- Government measure on responsible procurement. Barcelona, December 2008
- Government measure to promote the rational use and saving of water. Barcelona, March 2007
- Government measure on the greening of local authority contracts. Barcelona, January 2006
- Government measure for the greening of council services. Barcelona, November 2001
- Institutional declaration on fair trade. Barcelona, December 2002
Directives issued by the Mayor’s office
- Directive issued by the Mayor's office for sustainable public procurement in the Barcelona City Council. Barcelona, April 2017.
- Directive issued by the Mayor’s office for responsible public procurement with social and environmental criteria in the Barcelona City Council. Barcelona, November 2013.
- Directive issued by the Mayor’s office on the greening of public works. Barcelona, octubre 2009
- Directive issued by the Mayor’s office on the responsible procurement of timber. Barcelona, July 2004
Instruccions to services
The instructions are the instrument to respond to the environmental part of the Government measure of responsible public procurement with social and environmental criteria (2013) and the Mayor's Decree on responsible public procurement with social and environmental criteria (2013).
The instructions determine the common environmental criteria that must be introduced in the purchase and hiring of products and services throughout the City Council. They define minimum standards of compliance that give homogeneity municipal procurement.
They have been defined and agreed upon with all the relevant and relevant actors and determine the common environmental criteria to be introduced, in a uniform manner throughout the City Hall, in the purchase and hiring of the 13 groups of products and services defined as priorities:
What they contemplate?
The instructions determine the common environmental criteria that must be introduced in the purchase and contracting of products and services throughout the City Council. They define minimum standards of compliance that give homogeneity to municipal hiring.
There are exceptions?
In the event that the promoter unit of a contract does not consider the inclusion of any sustainable public procurement measure viable or efficient, it will motivate the decision in the necessity report that will appear in the contracting file.
What is the scope and what are the criteria to apply?
Each instruction defines the types of products and services to which the instructions apply (scope), the general lines established by the instruction (priorities) and the environmental aspects that must be included in the contract (environmental criteria).
There are monitoring?
Yes, the information to complete the tracking data will be specifically requested from the promoter units of the contracts when it is considered appropriate.
The regulation of the environmental measures contained in the different technical instructions has been the result of an internal participatory process of more than 200 municipal agents from different departments and areas that were carried out during 2014 to define the specific environmental criteria, as well as the way to include them in municipal contracting.
It is a pioneering initiative in the national and international scope that consolidates the City Council's commitment to favor social action and respect for the environment through its contracting.
Plans and Programs
- Pla d'energia, canvi climàtic i qualitat de l'aire de barcelona 2011 - 2020 (PECQ)
- Pla d'estalvi i millora energètica als edificis municipals (PEMEEM) (2010)
Guides, Manuals and Protocols
- Guia de contractació pública ambiental (2017)
- Qüestionari municipal de compra de fusta (2009-2010)
- Guia de control de l'ambientalització de l'execució d'obres (2009)
- Manual bàsic per a l'elaboració de la memòria ambiental associada als projectes d'obres de l'Ajuntament de Barcelona (2009)