The organisation of sustainable public events provides a good opportunity to make the City Council's commitment more visible. They are a very effective way of promoting more sustainable habits among the participants.
The Techical Instructions for the application of the sustainability criteria to events establish the sustainability criteria to be incorporated into the following elements included in the organisation and holding of an event:
- General management of the event
- Communications, dissemination and merchandising
- Cleaning and waste collection
- Catering services
- Mobility and transport
- Spaces, facilities and accomodation
- Awareness raising and training
The greening actions carried out at some events during the Festival of la Mercè and the + Sustainable City Council Convention are good examples.